Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849
Results 481 to 490 of 490

Thread: Random: Random subject thread (NOT insanity)

  1. #481
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Microsoft lends a helping hand to the east. Its a very strange way of promoting their console (which, no doubt, is the main impetus behind this donation), but i think it'll work out quite well considering its a cut-down PC with an excellent online infrastructure. If anyone can afford a donation like this, its Microsoft.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ June 16, 2005 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  2. #482
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good marketing campaign, but lol, a company worth $300 Billion wants to look like Gandhi donating 80 consoles whose retail price is $150? That's lame, it's like a rich man donating 1 cent to somebody who doesn't even need it in the first place.

    All they want is to get to show and hype the Xbox in front of little children so they buy it and tell their friends, and look good in paid articles in the media.

  3. #483
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's kind of awesome they did so tho, I'd liek that in our schoola s well. Ofcourse I'll have to wait for that... a bit way longer.

  4. #484
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They'll only do that in Japan because that's where they want to sell their system, nevermind Japan is world's second richest country.

    I don't have a problem with that though, just making a point that it's all about marketing.

  5. #485
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Im starting to like Micrsoft's style, and im strongly considering the Xbox 360 as a console of choice thanks to the game lineup they're offering. Of course, we'll just have to wait to see what Nintendo have up their sleeve.

  6. #486
    Inactive Member Xhell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2004
    Posts
    520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope it isn't another cel-shaded retard (i.e. Zelda: Windwaker)

  7. #487
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope they do things right this time, i.e. no cel-shading, no babysitting games, lots of epic RPGs, lots of lifelike graphics, lots of anime/manga type things, and lots of fanservice (^^v).

  8. #488
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If they follow the example of Zelda Twilight Princess (ie, listening to fans whilst sustaining originality, giving realistic graphics etc), then the Revolution is looking like a very viable option indeed.

  9. #489
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've found a very interesting article about The Ryugyong Hotel in Pyongyang, North Korea.

    And I say very interesting, because when I saw a picture of it some months ago, I always thought there was something funny with it that made me feel uneasy. The building is certainly creepy.

    The Ryugyong Hotel is a reflect of the DPRK. A vastly oversized, understimated project, far ahead of their needs and possibilities, poorly thoght out, born out of a strange sense of pride, at the cost of people's hunger, left incomplete and unable to be finished.

    I normally applaud and admire all large-scale projects and massive structures like this, but the Ryugyong Hotel is both yet another crime of DPRK's regime against the people of North Korea (giving the circumstances and needs of it), and a very unsettling building.

    In fact, I think it's an awesome scenario for a thriller/horror movie or something related. Shenmue II's Ghost Hall Building comes to my mind. If I were Yu Suzuki, I would consider The Ryugyong Hotel for a future episode ((even though that's not to happen, Shenmue is done for)).

    What do you think? Am I completely nuts, or is this building strangely creepy, and the fact it's an empty shell without a single living thing inside helps it?

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ June 19, 2005 09:48 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  10. #490
    Inactive Member Xhell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2004
    Posts
    520
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Indeed, you speak the truth. That is a really intimidating building, one that I personally wouldn't expect to see unless it was part of some horror movie!

    But for me, the fact that it has a somewhat surreal appearance is somewhat appealing. I especially like how regardless of which perspective you take to observe the city, you'll always perceive this ominous building somewhere in the background, partly obscured by this unnatural mist....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •